> Please be advised that the administrators at SURBL will be
> removing the zone files from the web site.  This will affect
> the folks that are using the script that downloads the zone
> files and creates a Declude filter file.

Ok, I've set me a note to stop the automatic download before 2005-02-07.

The SURBL text filter was very effective. Here some numbers from one day on
my system:

Total processed messages: 13645
Identified as legit: 3789 (~28%)
Identified as spam: 9856 (~72%)
Spam catched by SURBL: 4567 (~46% of spam)
False positives by SURBL: 1 (~0%)

On the other side (at least for my system) I can say also that only 6 from
the 4567 spam messages catched by SURBL has had a low final weight between
100 and 170% of our hold weight. This 6 spam messages would be slipped
trough our filter without SURBL.

The resting 4561 messages having a final weight above 170% of our hold
weight was also catched by several other tests. Without SURBLs weight
additional 29 messages would have a final weight in our 100-170% review
range.

So pretty effective but not really really vital.
Maybe I'll give a look to invURIBL. The price seems to be very honest and
maybe we can expect even more bether results as we can access the
centralized database in realtime (and spammers haven't anymore a complete
list of what SURBL blacklist for?)

Markus