I need some help tuning Declude for performance. Up until now, I have been adding tests mainly for spam filtering effectiveness. But I notice now that the server can process about 7 messages per second with the spam filtering off, versus only about 1-1.5 messages per second with Declude turned on. I suspect the delays are mostly network IO bound; the processors and ram on the boxes are relatively idle. When Declude is disabled, the CPU is pinned between iMail and come custom database insertion services we have. We do about 200,000 inbound messages a day between two servers, so the speed issue really only comes up when mail has queued up for some reason and needs to be de-queued.

Looking at our test list (posted bellow), we likely have WAY too many dns blacklists. That will be the first thing I look at. Any other suggestions?

I don't think it's any one test, but this is what we have turned on:

AHBL  WARN
BLITZEDALL WARN
CBL  WARN
DSBL  WARN