On Thursday, March 31, 2005, 9:50:05 AM, Darin wrote:

DC> That is very significant, and could explain what I'm seeing.  I'm going to
DC> increase my delete weight a bit for a while to make sure there are no high
DC> FPs.

DC> I do see the following detection rates from yesterday (3/30)

DC> AHBL   97.4%
DC> CBL   99.9%
DC> CSMA   97.1%
DC> CSMA-SBL   93.4%
DC> JAMMDNSBL   76.0%
DC> PSBL   96.9%
DC> SBL   99.5%
DC> SENDERDB-BL   96.4%
DC> SNIFFER   98.7%
DC> SPAMCOP   99.7%
DC> UCEPROTECT1   100%
DC> UCEPROTECT2   97.2%

DC> rates for all seem to have increased significantly over the past couple of
DC> days.

WOW! That's weird. I do not show that at all and I've never seen those
tests throw those kinds of numbers (except SNF looks about right):

http://www.sortmonster.com/MDLP/MDLP-Example-Short.html

For example (a quick spot check) -

Data through last noon to midnight--

AHBL shows up at about 22% (21.8409)
SPAMCOP shows up at about 64% (63.5114)
UCEPROTECCMUL sows up at about 42% (41.6237)
UCEPROTECRDO shows up at about 48% (48.0324)

Long range data through last midnight--

AHBL shows up at about 16% (16.111)
SPAMCOP shows up at about 62% (62.3942)
UCEPROTECCMUL shows up at about 42% (41.7421)
UCEPROTECRDO shows up at about 49% (48.6102)

All in all these indicate nominal performance.

Most likely there is something special about the mix of spam you are
getting, something wrong with your reporting process, or something
else going on that we haven't thought of.

To be thorough I also checked some of the MDLP reports from other
systems that are beta testing it. With few exceptions they show
numbers similar to mine w/ regard to these tests.

If I were you I would not make any substantive changes until I tracked
down what was going on. No need to introduce additional variables by
changing things ;-)

DC> BTW, I sent to the Junkmail in part so others could comment on
DC> other tests that may have significantly changed.

It's all good :-)

_M