----- Original Message ----- From: "Joey Proulx" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Can someone please explain to me why, if an email is flagged as spam by Sniffer, I shouldn't just delete it outright? Are there instances where Sniffer is wrong? Or is this the way you all use it already?

Reason I ask is that I have Sniffer setup with a weight of 10...and I hold messages with a weight of 10-14. This morning I got a Nigerian-type scam that sniffer flagged, but it only scored a total weight of 5. I'll have to check through my global.cfg when I get back from my 9am meeting, but something added a weight of -5 somewhere, meaning the email got through. If I had deleted all Sniffer-found spam outright, this would not have happened.

Thoughts?

I wouldn't recommend doing that, since I typically submit a few false-positives each week to the Sniffer false@ address. The better thing to do, as you said, is determine what test(s) is/are reducing the weight and adjust it.

Bill