I've long been evaluating both SmarterMail and iMail.  While offended at the
iMail price increases, I am generally pleased with the maturity of the product
(trying to track down the cause of mail routing failures, etc. would seem more
difficult in SmarterMail).  However, I have not used SmarterMail in any
production capacity under load.

Does anyone have an opinion regarding whether SmarterMail will easily handle
800 users / 50,000 emails daily on the same dual 2.8 gHz/4gb RAM hardware that
our iMail install currently runs on?

Declude, invURIbl, and Message Sniffer would be running on both platforms.

Thanks...