Hi, Goran.

I like to counterweight based on their IP for a couple of reasons.  The
first is that if their administration is not up to par (so that I have
to counterweight them), the odds are good that their revdns is flawed or
that their DNS is subject to timeouts.

I also find that, as a practical matter, a company is as likely to
change their IP as their revdns so neither is more "stable" than the
other.

Third, a lot of the companies with this kind of problem also fail REVDNS
anyway!

Last, larger companies can sometimes easily be spotted in SenderBase.org
as having all of their mailhosts on a small subnet and I can use a
REMOTEIP CIDR mask.

Andrew 8)