I dislike generalizing about anything but I do have to say that people on
AOL are a real pain in the ass.

I have had people tell me that they thought the "report as spam" icon was
how you delete email.

AOLers will register for my web based discussion forum and they will elect
to receive an email reply when someone responds to a message that they post
in the forum.  Each message has info on how to turn off messaging if they
don't want the email.  Yet they still report the email as spam even though
the choice of receiving the email is their choice to make.

The only real solution you have is to tag each email with the users email
address somewhere in the body.  Generally something like, "you are
subscribed as [EMAIL PROTECTED]" message in the footer works well.
Then when the AOL TOS report comes in you can see who initiated the spam
report and then you can delete them from the list.