What granularity do you need?  Many managed switches can limit in multiples
of 1Mbps.  I set up a managed office space early last year that resells
internet access to their tenants.  Because they needed more granularity we
went with a combination of a Cisco 2801 router and 3550 switch to get
granularity below 1Mbps (actually in 8kbps chunks).

The property management company later decided to set the limits higher than
originally spec'd (at 1Mbps per switch port), choosing to run monthly
reports and bill for overages rather than limit the customers.

We also VLANed all of the offices to isolate them using the 3550 and a 2801
router, with some access-lists defined to allow all tenants access to onsite
servers providing DNS, SMTP, intranet, file serving, and printer spooling.
With the 2801 remote VPN access was also provided to tenants.

I don't remember if the 2960 series of switches has rate limiting, but if it
does that might be a good way to save a bit of money, but I highly recommend
the 2801 router.  It was designed specifically for the combination of
internet and VOIP services.  Prices for the 2801 are reasonable...it's the
3550 that quickly gobbles up a budget, so see if the 2960 will do what you
need.  Don't forget to budget for the appropriate WIC for the 2801, though.

You're probably looking at ~$4k for the equipment, so lock in as many
tenants for as long as you can to cover your outlay.  I don't know if you
can do it any cheaper and have any protection from one or two customers
sucking up all of the pipe or degrading VOIP service.

Hope this helps,

Darin.