Louis enable the abuse detection settings in SM.  That should allow you to cut off the connection and not have to process that extra mail.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Panda Consulting S.A. Luis Alberto Arango
Sent: Wednesday, August 30, 2006 6:52 PM
To: declude.junkmail@declude.com
Subject: [Declude.JunkMail] Flooded with spam

Just checking with the list if they have seen an increase in the amount of spam messages caught.

Last monday and tuesday my mail servers are flooded with spam.

My smartermail server that usually process 30 to 40 K per day, processed on monday 120K and 94K of them where caught as spam.

On tuesday processed aprox 110K, and 85K where spam.

My spool and forward server processed over 140K yesterday. Reviewing the spool I would say that almost all spam, a lot of them trying to relay on my backup server

Do you guys saw this spam increase?.

btw. message sniffer, INVURIBL and declude worked fine.. I am happy I have them.

regards

Luis Arango