Ugh...Ok, lets all cross our fingers, turn around three times, and throw a
pinch of salt over our left shoulders so it doesn't happen...

Darin.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Pete McNeil" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" <declude.junkmail@declude.com>
Sent: Thursday, August 31, 2006 9:32 AM
Subject: Re[2]: [Declude.JunkMail] Flooded with spam

If this year goes like last year then much worse is yet to come. See
the bottom of this chart:

http://reports.messagesniffer.com/Performance/FlowRatesByDay.jsp

_M

On Wednesday, August 30, 2006, 9:24:34 PM, gbirdsall wrote:

gsc> I've seen a 100-130% increase since Sunday.  An average day used to be
gsc> around 500k-550k Spam messages, the past two days have been 950k and
1.2
gsc> million, respectivly.

gsc> One thing we implemented was session based blocking in our firewall, we
gsc> were getting between 200 and 4000 (not a typo) simultanious sessions
from
gsc> IP addresses.  We now grab that and block IPs based on this
information.

gsc> It has helped already today.

gsc> - greg

>> Just checking with the list if they have seen an increase in the amount
of
>> spam messages caught.
>>
>> Last monday and tuesday my mail servers are flooded with spam.
>>
>> My smartermail server that usually process 30 to 40 K per day, processed
>> on
>> monday 120K and 94K of them where caught as spam.
>>
>> On tuesday processed aprox 110K, and 85K where spam.
>>
>> My spool and forward server processed over 140K yesterday. Reviewing the
>> spool I would say that almost all spam, a lot of them trying to relay on
>> my
>> backup server
>>
>> Do you guys saw this spam increase?.
>>
>> btw. message sniffer, INVURIBL and declude worked fine.. I am happy I
have
>> them.
>>
>> regards
>>
>> Luis Arango
>>

>> ---
>> This E-mail came from the Declude.JunkMail mailing list.  To
>> unsubscribe, just send an E-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED], and
>> type "unsubscribe Declude.JunkMail".  The archives can be found
>> at http://www.mail-archive.com.

gsc> ---
gsc> This E-mail came from the Declude.JunkMail mailing list.  To
gsc> unsubscribe, just send an E-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED], and
gsc> type "unsubscribe Declude.JunkMail".  The archives can be found
gsc> at http://www.mail-archive.com.