I do not understand why you need to rewrite the message beyond what you already
do? Just determine the end of headers properly then rewrite the message with
your headers in the proper location. You already rewrite the message when
adding headers so why would it take any longer to properly detect the end of
headers.

If you have two LF sequences next to each other ignoring the CR then you have
the end of headers.

For example if you have

CRLFCRLF

OR

LFCRLFCR

OR

LFLF

I have never seen a message use CR alone for an end of line.

There are two LF bytes in each sequence ignore the CR bytes. Then when writing
out the message with the Declude headers include the original byte sequences
for each line. And the Declude lines should have the proper CRLF sequences.

My two cents!

Kevin Bilbee