*From:* Matt <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
*To:* declude.junkmail@declude.com <mailto:declude.junkmail@declude.com>
*Sent:* Wednesday, November 15, 2006 7:19 PM
*Subject:* Re: [Declude.JunkMail] Spamhaus

Andy,

What you posted will work exactly the same way and there is no advantage either way except that your example is more normalized. I use the variables for a purpose that isn't necessary for most.

Matt

Andy Schmidt wrote:
Hi Matt:

Are you saying there is an advantage of the dnsbl syntax over using the
standard ip4r syntax:

SPAMHAUS   ip4r    sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org        127.0.0.2   12    0
XBL        ip4r    sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org        127.0.0.4    6    0
BLITZEDALL ip4r    sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org        127.0.0.6    5    0

As long as the test type and test subject is the same (e.g., ip4r
sbl-xbl.spamhaus.org), it should do a single lookup an only evaluate the
result several times!?

I've only used the DNSBL syntax when looking up Reverse DNS names, e.g.:

RDNSBL     dnsbl        %REVDNS%.rdns.mydomain.com      *               20
0

Best Regards
Andy Schmidt

Phone:  +1 201 934-3414 x20 (Business)