Mark,

Sounds like a 'killer message'. It would help to post the contents of the HDR file associated with that log line as Declude may be dying on parsing a value in that HDR file.

I've noted more common crashes of DecludeProc recently myself, but we are behind an Alligate gateway so much of the badly formated E-mail dies there. That certainly adds to the stability of Declude and also the mail server in some cases. Anything that looks at E-mail must have the ability to survive something unexpected.

Matt

Mark Strother wrote:

For the past few hours we've had a real problem with Declude crashing and I can't figure it out. We're using SmarterMail 4.1 and Declude 4.1.14A. I've disabled all external plugins and filters and disabled the viruschecking so it's not related to that. I've cleared out all the queued messages, restarted everything and it crashes again within minutes. I've done that several times. Once I managed to get Declude running for about 10 minutes but then it crashed again. I'm not sure what else to do. For now I've had to disable Declude. I've turned up all logging to the highest level and don't see anything of note except 'Error in envelope file'.

Can anyone provide some help or point in the right direction? We've been running Declude for 2 or so years and we do see the occasional crash but typically Windows restarts the service and everything is fine. In the case it just crashes over and over.

 Mark