From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Scott
Fosseen
Sent: Monday, August 25, 2008 3:19 PM
To: declude.junkmail@declude.com
Subject: [Declude.JunkMail] OT: Alligate Problems

>From the recommendations from this list I am currently evaling alligate.  I

have to say my installation has been plagued with problems.  I installed on
a fresh HP DL360 G3 with dual 2.8 Ghz Xeon processors, 4 gig of ram, and
mirrored Ultra320 SCSI 72 Gig drives.

I have settings that revert back to previous settings after I save, and I
have not been able to tell how many messages are waiting to be delivered to
my Smarter mail server running declude.  I know I am only running an eval,
but my first support request took a while.

I am currently have 1 Smarter mail district complaining about long delivery
times.  The one email I looked up my Alligate server said it received the
mail at 2pm, but my Smarter mail server shows delivery at 4pm.  I was not
able to find anywhere in the alligate logs where it tried to send the
message to my Smarter mail server.  My Smarter mail server is running on a
Dual Quad core system and is hardly tasked.

I guess I am looking for a word of encouragement from the alligate
supporters out there that I should stay diligent or if there are any tips
you can share.
If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or

copy this e-mail. Your are asked to notify the sender immediately by e-mail
if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your

system. Please note that any views or opinions presented in this email are
solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Prairie

Lakes Area Education Agency. Prairie Lakes Area Education Agency accepts no
liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email. -
Scott Fosseen - Systems Engineer - Prairie Lakes AEA -
http://www.aea8.k12.ia.us/tech
You can go and find a mailbox right now, open the door to a tin box -
tin door, no lock - with unencrypted information in English, sealed
in a paper-thin envelope with spit, yet people are worried about
online privacy. - Scott McNeely, CEO, Sun Microsystems