> ...Declude just does a DNS lookup on the defined server and checks to see if
> it returns an authoritative or non-authoritative response for the host name
> of the e-mail address, and then pass/fails on that?

Yes,  same  way  DSBLs usually work, only when you replicate the zone,
your DNS server is authoritative, so there is no outside lookup.

> I Googled a few of the more useful RBLs on my list. So far, they all
> want you to contact them for pricing. That sounds scary. Does anyone
> know how much this kind of thing usually runs?

UCEPROTECT is free to replicate locally (HTTP or RSYNC)

http://www.uceprotect.net/en/index.php?m=6&s=0

Note  that  the  resulting  downoaded file is in RBLDNS format. So you
would convert it to a standard zone file. What DNS server do you use?

Considering  that  UCEPROTECT  folks say a maximum of 1,000 (!) direct
requests per day are supported, you would be well advised to replicate
this one.

--Sandy

Sanford Whiteman, Chief Technologist
Broadleaf Systems, a division of
Cypress Integrated Systems, Inc.
e-mail: sa...@cypressintegrated.com

SpamAssassin plugs into Declude!
  http://www.imprimia.com/products/software/freeutils/SPAMC32/download/release/

Defuse Dictionary Attacks: Turn Exchange or IMail mailboxes into IMail Aliases!

http://www.imprimia.com/products/software/freeutils/exchange2aliases/download/release/

http://www.imprimia.com/products/software/freeutils/ldap2aliases/download/release/