Thanks for the script, Jerod  - it'll make a good stop-gap for now. :)

Pretty tempting to do a date/time check on those files, considering their
size.  I prefer to do hourly updates of AV defs.  Never know when having
them a few hours earlier can save some headache.  Anyone out there have a
script that does tests before it downloads? Something like this could be
plowed through pretty quickly with some of those perl ftp mods.

Jonathan