-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of R. Scott Perry
Sent: Wednesday, March 06, 2002 10:36 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Declude.Virus] OT: McAfee/Trend

>How about McAfee?  Anybody know which version I need there?

You can use any version of VirusScan or NetShield with Declude Virus --
if
you can install it on your server (McAfee won't let you install certain
versions on certain platforms).  McAfee has at least three different
versions of VirusScan:  95/98 only, 95/98/Me/NT/2000 Workstation, and
the
"MultiPlatform" version (which will install on all OS's).

It seems that they really don't like to sell the server versions of
VirusScan; it's very hard to find online.  It's about $60 per copy, but
if
you find it online, there is a 5 copy minimum now.

The VirusScan product that installs on NT/2000 Server is the
"MultiPlatform" version of VirusScan (it's included in their "VirusScan
Security Suite").  To order online, first go to
http://www.mcafeeb2b.com,
move the mouse over "Products" and select "File Server Protection".
Then,
go down and click on "NetShield for NT", then on the right-hand side of
the
screen click "Buy", then go down to "VirusScan Security Suite".  They
used
to let you buy one copy at a time, but they require orders of 5+ copies
now
to order online.

You can also use NetShield, which should be $30 per copy (but they may
also
force you to buy a minimum of 5 copies).