---- Original Message -----
From: "Thomas E. Hall" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2002 1:11 PM
Subject: RE: [Declude.Virus] W32/Frethem-Fam

> We are using scripts to update F-Prot.  Does the windows F-Prot update run
> as a service or do you have to leave the server logged in for it to run?

It doesn't run as a service, but you can use at or scheduler to kick it off
whenever you want.

The downside is that if there is any sort of error, updater will pop up a
dialog that requires user intervention.  You'd have to schedule a batch file
something like:

updater /run /internet /quit
sleep 600
kill updater.exe

to make sure an instance hung up on an error dialog doesn't prevent the next
scheduled run from executing.

Jerry