> Sounds like the best answer for anti-virus protection, even with the
issues pointed out by John, are to log in and lock the console.

IMO, not so. Using all other Windows based scanners, McAfee, Symantec,
Sophos, etc. and the DOS version of F-Prot do not require any one to be
logged in. Again, I am not familiar with the Windows version of F-Prot, but
if it does require a user to be logged on, then I have no choice but to
question its place on a server.

BTW, viruses are one I forgot. Example. A user left his computer logged on
all the time and Outlook open. Well, a virus got in through his personal
e-mail account and by the time any one knew what was going on, it e-mailed
itself to everyone in his address book.

John Tolmachoff MCSE, CSSA
IT Manager, Network Engineer
RelianceSoft, Inc.