-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of R. Scott Perry
Sent: Wednesday, 22 January 2003 1:38 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [Declude.Virus] scanning timeout value

>Yes, IMail was processing mail through that period. We started receiving
>messages at our desktops that did not contain any declude headers, and that
>was my first indication that something was wrong. The log even shows SMTP
>refusals based on entries in my kill.lst file, so I'm guessing that IMail
>SMTP was up.

Do you have a C:\Declude.gp1 or C:\Declude.gp2 file, dated when this
happened (or more recent)?

>Unfortunately, I bounced the box before I did a whole lot more
>investigating at the time, so I don't have much more to go on. I did pull
up
>the remote administrator and look at the queue, and there were many times
>the usual number of items in the "Waiting Items" box, but only a single
>message at a time in the "processing items". That's not normal either. What
>I failed to do was to pull up the task manager and look at the open
>processes before I restarted the machine.

My guess here is that IMail's SMTPD process (which listens for incoming
E-mail) was working, and placing files in the spool, but never starting
Declude (or the SMTP32.exe process that IMail uses to deliver the E-mail
after Declude is done).  That would account for why there was only 1 E-mail
being processed (that would be the "queue run" that runs every 30 minutes
or so), and a lot of E-mail in the spool.