Since we do some programming in Cold Fusion, I took a look through the Macromedia site. Mail sent via Cold Fusion is sent via a CFMAIL tag and is not really under the programmers control, at least not to the level of granularity that would be required to break something. There appeared to be a problem with the older versions of CF, but the tag seems to indicate the MX version which is the newest version.

http://www.macromedia.com/support/coldfusion/ts/documents/tn18212.htm

R. Scott Perry wrote:

I have been contacted by one of our users who had a message blocked by
Declude Virus and was sent a warning about a Outlook vulnerability contained
in the email. The problem is that it was a web server generated email
message and not sent from an Outlook/Outlook Express client.

A vulnerability with a name referring to a product refers to a vulnerability *in* that product, not necessarily generated by it (for example, a hacker would likely take advantage of an IIS vulnerability using a special tool, not IIS itself). This does confuse a lot of people.

[Outlook 'MIME segment in MIME Preamble' Vulnerability]

You can find out more about this vulnerability at http://www.declude.com/Virus/vulnerability.htm .

Most likely, the company sending the E-mail hired a web developer instead of a real computer programmer to write a program to send out the E-mail, and the web developer tried his best to send the E-mail, but didn't do it properly.

Declude JunkMail: The advanced anti-spam solution for IMail mailservers.
Declude Virus: Catches known viruses and is the leader in mailserver vulnerability detection.
Find out what you have been missing: Ask for a free 30-day evaluation.

-- Susan Duncan ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) TEL:(613) 231-SIRC x225 IT Director, SIRC FAX:(613) 231-3739 http://www.sportquest.com/ http://www.canadiansport.com/