I upgraded my Imail system from 6.06 to 8.01.

I thought that as part of the upgrading process I had to run again
declude.exe

I was going to do it, but I saw that Declude was running Ok ( catching
viruses as usual) after I finished the upgrade.

So it seems that I did not need to run declude.exe

My question is: is that Ok, or should I run it anyway?

You're OK. :)

We do recommend running the \IMail\Declude.exe file once after an IMail upgrade, and then stopping/restarting the IMail SMTP service. However, this is only required in cases where the IMail upgrade overwrites the registry hook that Declude uses (which has happened in some of the upgrades). Rather than keep track of which upgrades require it and which do not, we just recommend the procedure during upgrades just to be safe.

But if Declude is running after the upgrade, there is no need to run the \IMail\Declude.exe file.

Declude JunkMail: The advanced anti-spam solution for IMail mailservers.
Declude Virus: Catches known viruses and is the leader in mailserver vulnerability detection.
Find out what you have been missing: Ask for a free 30-day evaluation.