> Does anyone else bother to look at the header, do a who is on the IP and
> notify the responsible party of the possible problem on their IP?  I see
the
> IPs in the e-mail headers so if someone was notified do you think they can
> find the actually infected user?  Would they bother?

MY experience, I can't get the 4 or 5 people on our service to clean the
viruses off their machines, I'm not going to waste my time trying to track
who else is infected. A lot of people A: Don't care, or B: Don't know how to
operate a computer, much less download a virus update, repair tool, etc.

> I checked some of my border appliances and saw repeated scans on port
135 -
> when I tried to tell some of the ISPs who owned the IP block that I
thought
> they might have the blaster worm, I met with hostile "abuse bots" telling
me
> that I didn't send them enough info or I got no reply at all.  I know I'd
> appreciate it if someone found that one of the systems in my network was
> compromised.  Is anyone doing this at all?  I mean could we find some of
> these computers with sobig and alert the cable company and they can call
the
> user to get it stopped?  I know this would be very time consuming, but
even
> if we got a few....

In the end, all you can do is make sure your stuff is secure, and up to
date, and working properly. As long as your virus scanner is catching them
entering, your users should be safe. You could email til your hands fall
off, I doubt it would make any noticable difference. =)

Paul