Is this BS really necessary?  If you don't like someone, can't you keep it
to yourself?

A simple philosophy, don't be annoying and don't be easily annoyed.

John may have a big ego...so what?!  I haven't met a computer engineer yet
worth a darn that doesn't have a big ego.  It take a lot of moxy to be
responsible for hundreds/thousands of users computers/accounts when the crap
is flying all around and you are the one getting yelled at.

I've been on/watching this list for a long time.  I don't always like the
answers I get, but the people here DO HELP ME.  That is the bottom line,
isn't it?

Or is it about hurting egos?  Personally, I don't think there is room for
ego in the business world.  I don't think any of us are here for the fun of
it, but to make money, right?  If I have to supress my ego to get the
answers I need and to get the job done, SO BE IT.

Come to think of it, we are usually guilty of what we accuse others of.....

> In my experience it's people with bloated egos who attempt to publically
ridicule and chastise.
> Mike Tindor

I think it would be helpful to remember that John and others like him are
NOT GETTING PAID to help with your issues or mine.  This IS THE SPIRIT of
the Internet, all of us helping each other, the best we can.

That's my 2 cents worth.  And I've been in this business a long time, 16
years, 8 of it running ISP's and being responsible for corporate networks.
I don't have to like John's approach to *respect* him and his efforts on
this list.

Now, can we all be nice to each other in this sand box...PLEASE?!

Andrew
Thumpernet