> With the problems I've seen with F-Prot like the one mentioned below. Why
> did you F-Prot users choose F-Prot over other brands like McAfee?

Something is probably not right in his configuration, as this problem has not been
reported on
machines running the latest f-prot version. We certainly stop everything that is
thrown at us, at
least as I write this!

F-Prot had a 100% record for us in terms of timely releases until they messed up with
one of the
latest viruses and did not get a satisfactory release out until 3 days later. This has
prompted many
of us to add a 2nd scanner, but nevertheless their history has been very, very good.

The biggest reason I think F-Prot is so popular is that their license is very
straight-forward. With
the bigger players, they really want you to buy one license for each of your
mailboxes. There are
often legal or at least "plausibly legal" way around this in some cases, but I know I
feel better
about having a license with F-Prot that seems about as clear as you can make it.
Additionally it is
cheap and I have had good luck with support from them.

Paul Navarre