From: R. Scott Perry [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, February 03, 2004 2:56 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Declude.Virus] F-Prot and viruses

>I am using F-Prot with Declude Virus and have had something interesting
>happen today.  I currently have Declude Virus set to delete emails with
>viruses.  However, somehow a user was using webmail on my Imail server and
>sent a message that contained a virus to a user that has his account on our
>Exchange server.  From looking at the headers of the email, the originating
>IP address is from a place that has had problems with the MyDoom virus.

My first question would be was this E-mail *forwarded* from web messaging
(meaning that the virus arrived in the user's mailbox, which shouldn't have
happened), or did the user attach a file with the Mydoom virus to an E-mail
sent from web messaging?

>My question is that if I have Declude Virus set to scan all incoming and
>outgoing emails, then shouldn't F-Prot check email sent from our Imail
>server to our Exchange server, since the message is originating from
someone
>on the Imail server?  Could this just be a fluke that one got through or
>does it not check messages sent through Imail Web Messaging?

With IMail v8, E-mails sent from web messaging should be scanned.

The best thing to do in this case is look through the Declude Virus log
file, to see what it reports.

Declude JunkMail: The advanced anti-spam solution for IMail mailservers.
Declude Virus: Catches known viruses and is the leader in mailserver
vulnerability detection.
Find out what you've been missing: Ask about our free 30-day evaluation.