I don't know that our firewall is the issue due to it working
under i7 and all prior Declude versions.

The problem is that it CANNOT be working with previous versions. The BANZIPEXTS/BANEZIPEXTS options were just added to i8; BANEXT EZIP was just added to i7.

You're going to need to detail EXACTLY what is happening (see my previous post for the minimum 4 pieces of information that are needed along with the version you are using AT THE TIME THE PROBLEM OCCURS). Time and list bandwidth is precious today. :)

The Firewall only modifies the extension, it does not in anyway alter the file.

Correct. If it changes ".ZIP" to ".ZI", it is no longer a .ZIP file, and the new features will not apply to the file. Problem solved.

When you wrote that i7
will not block encrypted zips without the BANEXT EZIP line, it was my
understanding if you have the following:

BANEZIPEXTS ON
BANEXT com

then it will block encrypted zip files containg .com files?

No. That only works with 1.78i8 and higher.

Version i7 is causing ...

That's not relevant now; that is an old interim release, is a known issue, and the problem was fixed in v8.

Inside those directories are files called 0.zi and 1.zi

Then it does sound like the firewall is altering the attachments. I'll look into why this may be happening, if it happens with the latest interim, as time allows.

        I am currently on i7, due to i8 not catching encrypted .zip
files with extensions in my BANEXT listing.

You'll have to decide whether you want to use i7 as-is, or use the latest interim in which case we can troubleshoot and fix problems.

Declude JunkMail: The advanced anti-spam solution for IMail mailservers since 2000.
Declude Virus: Catches known viruses and is the leader in mailserver vulnerability detection.
Find out what you've been missing: Ask for a free 30-day evaluation.