Yes, Swen forges.

I don't send any auto-notice to sender or recipient on forging viruses.
You don't know who the "real" sender is and it does nothing useful for the recipient to hear "an unknown PC Sent you a virus, but it was blocked by the server".

For most of the Macro viruses (and some of the other non-forging) you do want both to get a notice.

Greg Little

This is from F-Secures site
http://www.f-secure.com/v-descs/swen.shtml

The attachment name, subject and part of the infected message is randomly composed from text strings hardcoded in the worm's body.

The fake sender's address is selected from the following parts:

 MS
 Microsoft
 Corporation
 Program
 Internet
 Network
 Security
 Division
 Section
 Department
 Center
 Technical
 Public
 Customer
 Bulletin
 Services
 Assistance
 Support

The domain name for these e-mails is selected from the following parts:

 news
 bulletin
 confidence
 advisor
 updates
 technet
 support
 newsletters

The domain suffix for these e-mails is selected from the following parts:

 ms
 msn
 msdn
 microsoft

followed by one of the following:

 .com
 .net

John Tolmachoff (Lists) wrote:

SWEN is not known to be forging. Every one that I have seen came from the sender that was indeed infected.

John Tolmachoff

Engineer/Consultant/Owner

eServices For You

---
[This E-mail scanned for viruses by Findlay Internet]