> Right now there IS a vast network of
> zombies being used to send spam.  If the virus writers sell
> or give access to spammers, they could be giving access to
> anyone and these compromised computers could be used just as
> easily to launch DDOS attack on infrastructure as they can to
> send spam.

This is why I really really hope that someone write a Sasser-like worm with
the only intention to activate something very nerve-racking on the infected
machine. (5-minute popups or automaticaly deactivated hardware devices like
mouse, printer, floppy, cdrom...)

If someone is able to get a virus it should also be able to make updates!

If he's an ignorant or not able to do this necessary task he's a potential
security risk for other users updating the own machine. So he should be
nerved until he decides that regular updates are the "minor drawback"

As we know virus writers take care that the local users doesn't notice the
infection. Only spammed and DDOS'ed users can feel the load.

So please can someone write SoNerve.A ?

Markus