Scott,

I accept that Declude isn't going away, but I've dumped a lot of money into building my service around both Declude and IMail, and as things stand at the moment, I don't have $4,000 to dump on their new product just so that I can get updates for the things that they have managed to break and not fix.

If you are working on another MTA, then let's hear it! As things stand at the moment, it looks like I have no other choice but to switch to another platform, and it would be best to know what your plans are before I start making my own. My gut tells me that even if I threw Ipswitch another $4,000, nothing would really change with them except for the damn price, and I really, really hate being taken advantage of.

Maybe you are confident about your plans for the future, but not knowing them, how could I be.

Thanks,

Matt

R. Scott Perry wrote:

You have been strangely quiet. Are you in shock or formulating a plan --
hopefully the latter?

Although I will admit to shock (disbelief would be a more appropriate term) when I first heard about this. I didn't think that Ipswitch would actually do it. But they did.

As for formulating a plan, that is in the works. But a lot will depend on whether Ipswitch is smart enough to fix the problem, or whether they truly isolate the majority of their loyal customers.

It may be too early to ask, but what does the future hold for Declude/Imail
or Declude and _____ mail server product (fill in the blank)?

It's too early to say. A lot will depend on how Ipswitch responds to their customers -- I can't imagine that they will completely ignore this. A business can't survive by destroying a loyal customer base, when they have the product to offer.

But I can definitely say this: Declude isn't going to go away, no matter what Ipswitch may do.

Declude JunkMail: The advanced anti-spam solution for IMail mailservers since 2000.
Declude Virus: Ultra reliable virus detection and the leader in mailserver vulnerability detection.
Find out what you've been missing: Ask for a free 30-day evaluation.

-- ===================================================== MailPure custom filters for Declude JunkMail Pro. http://www.mailpure.com/software/ =====================================================