We're getting hammered as well.   One thing I did notice is that the virus
seems be targeting mail.<domainname> instead of doing an MX lookup for the
correct mail server, and seems to be using a dictionary of common usernames
instead of working off of a compromised address book -- yet another reason to
get rid of "nobody" aliases ;-)