Sent: Monday, May 30, 2005 8:40 AM
Subject: RE: [Declude.Virus] EXITSCANONVIRUS

John,

Sorry to hear about that – it sucks.

There was something I heard once about having identical drives mirrored.  That if they were from the same vendor and the same model and lot number they can fail at the same time.  The IBM Deskstar was apparently notorious for this.  If I’m building a server I try to use two different HDs on the mirror – one IBM and one Maxtor or something.  It is tough to get my host to do this for me.

Good luck man~