Andrew,

I do not send any outbound alerts/bounces etc. The only ones I send are
for banned files and that goes to the recipient(s).

Having said that I kind of like the ideal of sending a REVDNS alert to
legitimate senders in the hope that they will act to cleanup their
system. Question is how do you tell if they are a legitimate mail rather
than spam? Perhaps with a filter like this run as the last one in
global.cfg

SKIPIFWEIGHT 10
TESTFAILED 0 CONTAINS REVDNS

Then do an alert in the $default$.junkmail file for this test

I tag at 10 and delete at 30 so this would only trigger on "legit"
messages

Just a thought

Goran Jovanovic
Omega Network Solutions

Jovanovic
> > Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2006 11:43 AM
> > To: Declude.Virus@declude.com
> > Subject: RE: [Declude.Virus] language specific messages
> >
> > Andrew,
> >
> > Do you do anything to decrease the change of the alert
> > message going out to real spammers or forged addresses?
> >
> > This would get sent out to e-mail that failed REVDNS and were
> > not deleted as SPAM?
> >
> > Goran Jovanovic
> > Omega Network Solutions

Canada