That's the point of the discussion. Declude added a hard-coded end-time but
didn't add a handling mechanism that deals with the event when (not IF) the
end-time was absolutely going to occur on the predescribed date.

Consequently there were/are only indirect ways to find out:

-          Infected emails reached your desktops, and/or

-          You had secondary scanners plus a reporting tool,
http://www.invariantsystems.com/dlanalyzer/, which made is obvious that ALL
your viruses were ONLY being caught by the secondary scanners (which is what
I have been pointing out for weeks), and/or

-          You check your VIRmmdd.LOG file and a scan of "AVG Reports
VIRUS:" finds no matches.

According to Declude, properly dealing with a known, hard-coded, expiry date
is not included in the annual maintenance fees but is considered  an
"enhancement" for which they should charge extra.