Pessoal,

Acho q ninguem da lista teve este problema antes.
Por isso que nao houve uma resposta satisfatoria para o problema!

ENTRETANTO,

Venho informar a todos que resolvi agora o problema.
Com isso, vou compartilhar com todos para q ninguem perca tanto tempo
feito eu!!

O problema era com relacao ao MTU (Maximum Transmission Unit) do WindowsXP.

Olhando a Wikipedia observaremos o seguinte:
"In computer networking
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Computer_networking>, the *maximum
transmission unit (MTU)* of a layer of a communications protocol
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communications_protocol> is the size (in
bytes <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Byte>) of the largest protocol data
unit <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protocol_data_unit> that the layer
can pass onwards. MTU parameters usually appear in association with a
communications interface (NIC
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_interface_card>, serial port
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serial_port>, etc.). Standards (Ethernet
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethernet>, for example) can fix the size
of an MTU; or systems (such as point-to-point serial links) may decide
MTU at connect time.

A larger MTU brings greater efficiency because each packet carries more
user-data, protocol overheads, such as headers or underlying per-packet
delays, remain fixed, the resulting higher efficiency means a slight
improvement in bulk protocol throughput. A larger MTU also means
processing of fewer packets for the same amount of data. In some
systems, per-packet-processing can be a critical performance limitiation.

Large packets can occupy a slow link for some time, causing greater
delays to following packets and increasing lag
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lag> and minimum latency. For example, a
1500-byte packet, the largest allowed by Ethernet at the network layer
(and hence over most of the Internet
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet>), ties up a 14.4k modem
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/14.4k_modem> for about one second.

Large packets are also problematic in the presence of communications
errors. Corruption of a single bit in a packet requires that the entire
packet be retransmitted. At a given bit error rate
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bit_error_rate> larger packets are more
likely to be corrupted. Retransmissions of a larger packet takes longer....

Media   Maximum Transmission Unit (bytes)       Notes
Internet <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet> IPv4 Path MTU  At least
576^[1]
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maximum_transmission_unit#cite_note-0>
Practical path MTUs are generally higher. All hosts must be prepared to
accept datagrams of up to 576 octets (whether they arrive whole or in
fragments). Systems may use path MTU discovery
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Path_MTU_discovery> (RFC 1191
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1191>) to find the actual path MTU.
Internet <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet> IPv6 Path MTU  At least
1280^[2]
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maximum_transmission_unit#cite_note-1>
Practical path MTUs are generally higher. Systems may use path MTU
discovery <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Path_MTU_discovery> (RFC 1981
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc1981>) to find the actual path MTU.
Ethernet v2 <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethernet_II_framing>  1500^[3]
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maximum_transmission_unit#cite_note-rfc1191-2>
        Nearly all IP over Ethernet implementations use the Ethernet V2 frame
format.
Ethernet (802.3) <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEEE_802.3>      1492^[3]
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maximum_transmission_unit#cite_note-rfc1191-2>

Ethernet Jumbo Frames <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jumbo_Frames>
1500-9000       The limit varies by vendor. For correct interoperation, the
whole Ethernet network must have the same MTU. Jumbo frames are usually
only seen in special purpose networks.
802.11 <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/802.11>    2272^[4]
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maximum_transmission_unit#cite_note-3>
802.5 <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/802.5>      4464
FDDI <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FDDI>        4500^[3]
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maximum_transmission_unit#cite_note-rfc1191-2>

"

(maiores detalhes em:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maximum_transmission_unit )

Com estes dados em maos pude pegar um sistema EXCELENTE para
configuracao do MTU no Windows.
Este sistema eh o TCPOptimizer
Pode ser baixado em: http://www.baixaki.com.br/site/dwnld37989.htm

Com esse soft ele configura o melhor numero para se definir no W-XP.
Reiniciado o micro, o Thunderbird passou a funcionar PERFEITAMENTE.

Jah tinha ocorrido isso antes em minha maquina, mas nao lembrava disso.
Agora nao vou esquecer mais!!!

Obrigado Walter e Nazareno pela ajuda
Obrigado a todos que se dispuseram a ajudar
MuriloCunha

Responder a