Kraven wrote:
> In order to use HTTP on 127.0.0.1 (which is YOUR local LAN IP Address) you
> need to have IIS (Internet Information Services) installed on your
> machine.... this comes with the XP CD under "Add Remove Programs" in control
> panel.

IIS is a Web server. Indy provides the tools to make a Web server of
your own. IIS is not required for anything. In particular, it's not
required just to make localhost available for HTTP.

If he's getting a 404 response from localhost, then there is already
something listening on port 80 of that address. Since it's apparently
not his program, it's probably IIS. He'd probably know if he had Apache
installed instead. Google Desktop Search installs its own Web server,
but I think it listens on some other port, so that shouldn't interfere.
Since he's apparently not using IIS, I'd recommend that he uninstall it,
not only to free up port 80 for his own program, but also to remove a
frequent target of hacking attacks.

> Note that most INDY server utilities are only for LAN communications and not
> Internet communications.

Where in the world did you get that idea?

--
Rob