>Can't suggest much except that the latest version of Paradox has an
>improved table repair utility.
>On the subject of Paradox I would like to give it a plug as I think Paradox
>overall is a much underated product. I find it extremely reliable and with
>the the programming language I have yet not found the the need to get fully
>involved with Delphi. Having used Paradox for a number of years I would
>only have had the need to repair tables about 2 or 3 times.

I must agree that although SQL support in previous BDEs was poor the
stability proved to be the fault of the application not the database system -
plug every hole and problems stop... We've got a product out with delphi 1
using paradox with multiple users running at over 50 sites and haven't had
a single need for repair.  Early betas caused table crashes occasionally and
all cases were application mismanagement of the tables... however, performance
is another matter...

--
Aaron Scott-Boddendijk
Jump Productions