From:   Max Renshaw-Fox [SMTP:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent:   Thursday, February 25, 1999 1:45 PM
To:     Multiple recipients of list delphi
Subject:        RE: [DUG]:  D4/IB5.5 and I.E.4

I assume you're using TCP/IP - in which case the client is probably trying
to resolve the machine name to an IP address - hence the dial-up.

LMHosts, Wins, DNS ?

AFAIK Windows will try the above then DialUp then broadcast to the LAN using
NetBIOS - I'm at the edge of my networking knowledge here (correct me
someone if I'm wrong) but I'd make sure you can Ping the Server Name etc as
a place to start - if you can't then you need one of the above forms of name
resolution (Wins is by far the easiest on NT).

Max