From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, 25 February 1999 14:12
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: RE: [DUG]: D4/IB5.5 and I.E.4

One problem we have noticed with Win95 and TCP/IP is that if you are
using HostNames in somecases windows will initially fail with a timeout
of about 1 minute then connect successfully. Did not notice any
Networking problems, only seem connect with Apps that used TCP hostnames
(Or was this before we enabled DNS??).

We found that the hostname timeout could be solved by adding the host
name and IP address to the Hosts file on the Win95 machine.
Myles