It's a string grid so that's no good.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Rohit Gupta) on 05/03/99 23:01:13

Please respond to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To:   Multiple recipients of list delphi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
cc:    (bcc: Peter Jones/Logistics&Information
      Technology/Christchurch/Foodstuffs)
Subject:  Re: [DUG]:  Dumb question of the day

Well, first, for precisely that reason, I use Orpheus for some user
input.  Its a pity that Borland did not retain the excelelnt masking
ability in turbo vision.

Anyway, one way to fix it if it is a tfloatfield is to check the
currency property. in the object inspector.

On  3 Mar 99 at 16:26, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> The standard edit mask should do this but I've never figured it out.  How
> do I specify an edit mask for a $ value?  If I use '###0.00' then the
user
> can enter '12   .45' (with space)
>
> Please dont tell me to use a 3rd party control cause I cant.

Rohit

CFL - Computer Fanatics Ltd.  21 Barry's Point Road, AKL, New Zealand
PH    (649) 489-2280
FX    (649) 489-2290
email [EMAIL PROTECTED]  or  [EMAIL PROTECTED]