Ok, I hate to say this, BUT VB 6 does do this quite nice......it has wizards
atc. for doing it......PLEASE DONT FLAME ME FOR SAYING SO.....AGH !

Jeremy Coulter

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Derricutt [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, March 10, 1999 3:10 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list delphi
Subject: [DUG]: Plugins/MS Scripting Host

Hiya - has anyone here written any applications that use "plugins" and
"extensions" to extend the use of their application?

Currently I'm using dynamically loaded .dll's to provide a plugin system
for my application, only, delphi bloats .dll's quite a bit making each
one around 100-150k, which is compleatly overkill when the function
being called is only 5-10 lines long (the functions often create a
TQuery and connect into a database to perform lookups).

Has anyone experimented with using other forms of plugin methods??  I've
thought about looking at using a scripting language, such as MS
Scripting Host (where can I download that from anyway?) but wasn't sure
about how I could use that to link back into my database to perform
calculation lookups.

Does anyone know how it works??  Can I make certain
variables/events/objects in my application available to the MS Scripting
engine or what???

Thanks in advance,
Mark Derricutt