Just my .05c worth... All based on painful assumptions for lack of
sufficient code to make a diagnosis.

--
Aaron@home

Haha, thanks, its nice to wake up to a cheery note. No, I didnt want to
sidetrack any of you too much with mundane programming operations that I
SHOULD be sorting out in my own way, hence the lack of code.
On the other hand......the solution you suggest is very good and you have
guesstimated perfectly what is going on Aaron (possibly a detective in
former days).
It is a nice feature that Delphi maintains a global variable in the tag
property. I use it a lot, but in this case it was forgotten about.
Cheers,
NotSoBigAl+