We use SLMail from seattlelab.com for the DUG server. Hardly high
capacity, but it works.

A Linux server would be a better option IMO - the default config allows
for POP3, IMAP4 and SMTP (sendmail and smail I think). Thats in redhat6.

Notes WILL do SMTP - how else could I send anything from work???? :) It
will both send via SMTP, allow retreival via POP3 and IMAP4, and it has
LDAP in so you can search the address book. This is release 4.6 I think.

So, ge your Notes admins to read a book or 2, or talk to Lotus here
(which is Sealcorp, I think - ie, downstairs from me :) ), or dump it
altogether and get a linux server :)

Nic, who can't stand notes at all.