>From a delphi app you can call CoObjectCreateRemote and specify the
workstation name so we don't need DCOMCnfg.  If you are not using Delphi to
call the server then you can dig into the registry and change things but if
you are using 'Run As' for the activation then you won't be able to encrypt
the password in the registry.  Checkout Dan Misers web site - he has a page
there with all the steps to follow.  http://www/execpc.com/~dmiser.

All our server objects will run using DCom or Midas sockets.  We use a
single registry entry on the client to specifiy the connection method
(Socket or Com) and the remote server name.  We don't use DCom cause I had a
heck of a job getting it to run at all (NT Security) and sockets was a snap,
so we chose sockets.