The BDE does it's own caching, as does the OS - though I don't think this,
ie writing to disk, is the issue. If you have two different TTable objects
I've found that later versions of the BDE aren't quite as good as they
should be about maintaining concurrency between the two datasets - even
though they should be looking at he same BDE Cache.

DbiSaveChanges(TTable.Handle) will force to write back to disk, but this
doesn't do the job either. Closing the dataset seems to be the only way of
forcing the BDE to update. Since loading Delphi 5 and BDE 5.01 I've also
noticed that some DataSet's that get destroyed without a call to Close also
tend to not post all changes, though I haven't tried to track down a
consistent pattern. The only solution seems to be to use a datamodule with a
single TTable for writes. This suggests that the TDataSet itself is
caching - even without cached updates.

If you create all your forms at sartup and only destroy your forms, and
therefore close your datasets, when the application closes - this may be the
explanation.

I've recently taken over an application that has Dataset.Close statements in
all the forms' Close Events - this behaviour may be the reason the4 author
resorted to this.

Hope something here helps.

Max