Terry,

BDE SQL Links to SQL Server is basically stuffed.  If you must use BDE, go
the ODBC way - this way, you only need the professional version.  As for
ADO, you don't need ADOExpress unless you want you use data aware controls
(who needs them?).

As for BDE/ADO, both work equally well (because ultimately, both call down
to the same client side library).  You have an edge with ADO because that is
the M$ recommended way, so you are likely to get more service packs to fix
M$ bugs.  Saying that, ODBC has worked very well for us, so it is your call
which way you go.

Regards,
Dennis.