Hello

Some assistance from the professionals please.

I'm using D5 Pro and Paradox.

I have a need to flag dockets as invoiced as each invoice is generated in Quick Reports.

What I am doing is as follows:
Execute a multitable TQuery to assemble data for all dockets to be invoiced
Sort them by Customer
Call the QR Customer Invoice report
On each change of Customer increment the Invoice No.
In the Detail band (ie on every record) write the Invoice No back to the current record, using the following code:
        with MainDataModule.DocketsTable do
          begin
            filter := '(DocketNo = '
             + QuotedStr(QueryDataModule.CustRepQ.FieldByName('DocketNo').AsString)
             + ') AND(DocketCheck = '
             + QuotedStr(QueryDataModule.CustRepQ.FieldByName
'DocketCheck').AsString)
             + ')';
            Filtered := True;
            FindFirst;
            Edit;
            FieldByName('CustInvFlag').AsInteger := InvNo;
            Post;
            DBISaveChanges(Handle);
          end;

Apparently this is taking 30 minutes to run in aproduction situation.

Is there a better way to do this that will be faster - without getting too complicated.

I understand that I can't use RequestLive on the Query because it involves several tables.

Thanks

Mark