Neven MacEwan wrote:

> Cory
>
> Found two interesting functions -- AllocConsole and FreeConsole on
> Delphi3000
> http://www.delphi3000.com/article.asp?id=568
> Which open and Free the Console Window
> Now I need to find how to hide the console window

The gui console functions are for creating a new console, which
unfortunately won't help with getting data piped in from the commandline.  I
haven't found a use for those console functions yet... but no doubt there is
one :)

The point I was trying to get across in the last post was that because
Windows uses a totally different paradigm it doesn't allocate input and
output handles for a GUI program, so you can't just pipe from the
commandline like you could in dos.  Probably the easiest thing to do is give
command-line options for reading data from a file.

--
Corey Murtagh
The Electric Monk