You can use RTTI to do the mapping, there was on DSP/torries some examples
of this (Spider classes??)

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Derricutt [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, November 03, 2000 5:08 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list delphi
Subject: RE: [DUG]: [Q] Lightweight DBMS....

On Fri, 3 Nov 2000, Nic Wise wrote:

> well, either way, I'd still avoid it :) there are lots of other,
> better ways to do it, eg load it all into objects (OR-mapping) or
> someting like that....

Whats the best way to map to an object?

At the moment I've got a wee class that has properties for each field with
a huge strip of "property := fieldbyName('property').AsWhatever" in my

Mark

--
"We don't guarantee anything except that it will take up disk space..."
  Apache 2.0alpha5 Disclaimer

Now Playing: <no audio cd present>