> Hi All
>
> Since the list police seem to be all asleep and lively discussion is the
> order of the day then
> give the spec of a clients requirement for a database (sql) app (and
> ignoring middleware requirements)
> would you on the client side use
>
> 1/ Delphi/Kylix (and limit your target clients to Windows/Linux)
> 2/ Write it a Java GUI (and therefore have every graphical platform)
> 3/ Use a Browser (as 2)

Write it in Delphi (with the potential to use Kylix later) because every
client I currently have (and will have for the forseeable future) uses
Windows and Delphi is the best (IMO) GUI development tool for Windows.

I guess I have now taken the bait and people will proceed to tell me how
wrong I am - but frankly from my point of view I'm right! ;-)

David.
DB Solutions Ltd.